Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Word from Duke

We still are awaiting the results of the spinal tap...and will most likely be waiting for those results until sometime tomorrow. The Drs said that this evening would be the very earliest that Kim and Linda could see any new information from the spinal tap. The spinal tap could show if there are any malignant cells present. The Drs also said that no new tests would be preformed until Friday. These tests would probably include a full body PET scan (which shows cellular metabolic activity) and a needle biopsy of the mass or the fluid around it. So, we are still in a holding pattern of waiting.

5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7 On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

Psalm 62:5-8

Thank you all for pouring out your hearts with us and for taking refuge in the Rock.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Kristi from NHCC. Just wanted to let you know our family will be praying for you.I leave you with a Hymn that I hope will encourage you to trust in the midst of this trial.

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Patti Wilson said...

Kim,

I am sorry to hear your news. I will definately be praying for you. There is comfort in every christian's life just knowing that God is wise and loves us deeply in that wisdom. "All things work together for good to those that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose." I know this will ring true for you. Your love for Him and His purpose have been very evident in your life since the first day I met you. My favorite song from Casting Crowns is always an encouragement to me and I hope it will be to you, as well.



"Praise You In This Storm"

I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

Love and Prayers,
Patti Wilson

Anonymous said...

Memories of years gone by come to mind... when we were at BJICS. How time flies!

Kim and Linda, your Almighty God is the same today as He was when He fellowshipped with Adam in the garden.

May you feel His ever present love and comfort, mercy and grace as He walks with you, carries you, and fellowships with you on this journey.

I hold you in my heart and trust you to God's care~
Debby Bain Whitsitt
Taylors, SC

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim and Linda,

I am just letting you know that I am praying for you guys. I am just letting you know that God is Sovereign and there is nothing in this world that is beyond His control. I know trials are never easy but we can rest in God's hand :-). I do hope everything will go well and I did put you on my prayerlist.

Philip van Reijn,
Greenville, SC