Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Word from Kim

We just got off the phone with Kim and he had a few thoughts that he wanted to share with all of you who are praying for him. He greatly appreciates all of your prayers and encouragement.

He wanted to focus our thoughts on Phil 4.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

He said "I think it’s real critical for people to stop and thank the Lord for everything He’s given. There’s nothing that the Dr’s can do or enable the physical body to do that the Lord is
not able to do. Start with thanksgiving and make things come back to God. Starting out with thanksgiving makes all the difference. This particular weakness brings us back to God in the way of deeper dependence on him."

3 comments:

Ken, Diana, Daniel, Maria, Christina said...

Thanks Kim for being exactly who we have grown to love and respect. In the middle of your own uncertainity and difficulity you persist in bringing our thoughts and hearts back to God. So we will take your advise, "Father, thank You that our roots go deep into the eternal God and find You sufficient and supreme today. We live in the shadow of the Almighty because of Your goodness. Amen"

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, thanks for the good word. I am really saddened to hear about this. This brings back memories from about eight years ago… when all of your friends were reminded about what is important. God has used you to do some great things in many peoples life, even in your times of trouble. I certainly do not like what God is doing with you now, but just like everything else in life - we are left only to trust Him. I love you and I am praying for you. Eph 1:16

Anonymous said...

Kim and Linda,
You have been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard. The song Blessed be the Name of the Lord has been running through my head constantly.

Blessed be Your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

And blessed be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

And blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

And blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord blessed be Your name

I love you brother and thank God for the blessing you have been in my life. Thank you for letting Him be your constant and for being such a good eample to your little sisters.

Love,
Kristi

P.S. Josiah, thanks for starting this blog so that we can communicate more easily.